Tagged with: abilities children's book differences disabilities website
Meet Me At The Mountain (MMATM) is a special children’s book. The book sends a positive message by celebrating people’s different abilities. Each of the characters in the book has a different disability. The story highlights the importance of teamwork and friendship.
Come join Emerald Eagle and his six animal friends, each with differing abilities, as they go on an inspiring quest for adventure that changes their lives and most certainly will change yours. In pursuit of a common goal, the animal friends must confront a series of challenges while hiking, climbing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and downhill skiing. These activities test their friendship, courage, and teamwork while serving to unite them as they discover new independence along the way.
Mark Andrews wrote Meet Me At The Mountain. Mark is the Founder/Executive Director of Therapeutic Adventures, Inc. – a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable education organization. The MMATM – Education Project was conceptualized and developed to educate you about how persons with differing abilities often do amazing things to overcome life’s many challenges.
To order and learn more about the book, click below.
Here are some other children’s books.
- My Friend Isabelle by Eliza Woloson
- Susan Laughs by Jeanne Willis
- Rolling Along: The Story of Taylor and His Wheelchair by Jamee Riggio Heelan
- Special People, Special Ways by Arlene Maguire
- We Can Do It! by Laura Dwight
- Someone Special, Just Like You (An Owlet Book) by Tricia Brown
- Whoever You Are (Reading Rainbow Books) by Mem Fox
- We’re Different, We’re the Same (Sesame Street) by Bobbi Kates