Tagged with: disability fine motor impairments one hand paralysis Quick Zip zipper
Ever have trouble with jacket zippers? I do … depending on which jacket. Interestingly, not all jacket zippers are created equal – some zippers are easier to zip than others. And, the reason probably because there are several dozens of different zipper manufactures. Nowadays, jackets/coats and other apparels that require closing mechanisms come with several options, such as buttons, snaps, hooks, Velcro, magnetic closures, clasps, and toggle closures.
But most jackets you see at stores have zippers. And those who have fine motor challenges and or have paralysis that makes it difficult to use your hands; you might be interested in learning about the Quick Zip. DNS Designs, a small start-up company has developed a magnetic zipper that you can zip-up with one hand.
The Quick Zip:
• Everyday zipper, perfect for every user
• Magnetic base allows for single handed use
• Limited dexterity required to close the zipper
• Strong durability with locking feature to keep base locked while zipper is engaged
• Specially designed ring pull is great for everyone
Check out DNS Designs website to learn more: