VIDEO: Man Rescued from Fire Via Facebook

Jan 27, 2011
Tagged with:

A man with muscular dystrophy is crediting Facebook for saving his life after a fire suddenly started in his kitchen.

“I was online playing one of these games through Facebook and I just started typing, ‘This is not a joke, I need help, there’s a fire in the kitchen. Can someone please call the Spokane Fire Department.’ and I put my address on the internet,” says Bob Chambers.

Chambers says a toaster strudel became stuck in the toaster causing a small fire. He has had muscular dystrophy his entire life and is unable to move. So when the fire started he turned to Facebook.

Chambers suffered minor smoke inhalation and was taken to a local hospital, but is recovering.

Source

Author: Jennifer Green